Stringent guidelines regarding the use and dissemination of this data apply.
GRICS receives cancer related data from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, Victorian Cancer
Registry and individual health service sites.
Requests for information held by GRICS will be evaluated against:
- Department of Health and Human Services Conditions of Release of patient level data sets from the Victorian Health Information Reporting system (VHIRS) to the Victorian Integrated Cancer Services
- Memorandum of Understanding – Integrated Cancer Services (GRICS effective 1st December 2018)
- Victorian Cancer Registry Internet Portal (VCRIP) User Guide and Usage Policy for Notifiers & Users
- Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) and |Health Privacy Principles |Health Privacy Principles |Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and Information Privacy Principles, |Victorian Information Privacy Act (2000).
- Privacy Act 1988
- Latrobe Regional Hospital \ Health Information & Business Analysis \ Health Information [Policy]
- Latrobe Regional Hospital \ Human Resources \ Human Resources (HR) [Policy]
Requests for information that include patient identified data will need ethics approval for ratification of release. The ethics application will need to be submitted by the requesting clinician, and data will not be released until the appropriate approval has been received from the relevant Ethics committee.
Every effort will be made to provide information in a timely manner. Current work practices take precedence. Time taken
between request and provision will be monitored to assess impact on both GRICS staff and practitioner requests.
Gippsland Data Request form Print (PDF Version 83kb)
Mail to: Michelle Pryce | Acting GRICS Manager | PO Box 424 Traralgon 3844 | Village Avenue Traralgon West
Email: Michelle Pryce email@example.com
Inquiries to: Jody Neal | Cancer Data & Information Analyst 5128 0139