Multidisciplinary Care (MDC) offers a collaborative approach to treatment planning and ongoing care for cancer patients. MDC allows members of the treatment and care teams to regularly meet and discuss the physical and supportive care needs of cancer patients within a clinical setting.
The following health services host different tumour streams; within a clinical setting.
Latrobe Regional Hospital
- Skin, Breast, Colorectal & Upper Gastrointestinal
- Myeloma Telehealth (in partnership with the Alfred)
- Advanced Disease
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
Meetings are available by video conference to the following sites:
- Bairnsdale Regional Health Service;
- West Gippsland Healthcare Group; and
- Metropolitan hospitals and health services on request.
Information on GRICS approach to Multidisciplinary Care is available by clicking on the following link:
Information on Multidisciplinary Care is available by clicking on the following link: